(Hjordis Fogelberg by Ibiza MyGuide in no particular order)
- Take a ferry to Formentera for the day: Ferry’s leave form Ibiza Port (on the left as you drive into town) every 30 minutes. There are a few different companies to chose from.
- Go to the drumming at Benirrás on sundays: Benirrás Beach is in the North of the island. Drive towards San Juan and then turn left at Can Curune roundabout and follow the signs. Get there before 4pm to avoid the qeues. Do not park far away and walk. It is further than you think. If you do, take plenty of water.
- Go to the San Juan festival in June and jump over the fire. It is the festival to celebrate the Summer Solstice (The longest day) Located in San Juan village in the North.
- Spot the Flamingoes on Salinas salt flats. Drive towards Salinas and then turn right and head towards Cap d’es Falco.
- Have tapas at Bar Costa in Santa Gertrudis. They have Hams hanging from the ceiling, rock music playing and lots of art on the walls.
- Walk down to Atlantis. Drive north west past San José and then turn left towards Es Vedra. Follow the road to Es Vedra and when it starts to go downhill take a left turn on a dirt track towards the tower. Walk down the hill to the left of the tower. Take plenty of water. The way up is tough.
- Sunset at Hostal La Torre. This is an amazing spot past San Antonio. You drive up north of San Antonio and at the second roundabout go left. Follow the signs.
- Paella at Can Salinas. It is considered to be the best on the island. Drive towards Salinas Beach and you will see it on your left just before the road splits to Es Cavallet Beach.
- Las Dalias Hippy Market. Saturday from 11 pm til the afternoon and there is a night market on Sunday and Monday starting at 7pm which is best when the island heats up in July. Drive towards San Carlos in the North East. The market is on your left just before San Carlos.
- Go to an Ibiza Rocks Concert in San Antonio. Check online at: www.ibizarocks.com
Photo credit: Davide Baraldi